An idea just came to my mind and I finished this shot in 15-20 minutes.
The concept was to show a dead man. Here is my presentation of the concept.
A dead man
Hope it conveys the message. Here is how I took it…
Camera : Nikon D90
Lens : Nikon 18-55mm
Focal Length : 48 mm
ISO : 200
Aperture : f/11
Shutter Speed : 1 sec
* Nikon D90 on a tripod with 18-55mm lens
* Flash (YN-560) hanging from a support from top
* A snoot on the flash
* Rest is the scene setup
How I took it
- Hanged my flash from a higher support so that it should point directly at floor.
- Flash was on manual mode and powered at 1/4th and zoomed at about 75mm
- Setup the camera on tripod and manual focussed on the place where hand should be by placing another object there for test shot
- Once the focus is set I removed dummy object and switched off all ambient light
- Flash was fired using a radio trigger so off camera
- Setup the camera on timer mode and practiced for 2 times to get my hand in the shot where I want to be
- Once everything is ready, took the shot as shown above
Did some processing in Adobe LR3 especially cropping, correcting exposure and some color saturation etc. Thats it !
If you like this and would like to get such updates later as well, please subscribe by any of the options on top right side of this page
Provide your comments below if you like